Training & Consultancy
- Rural Developments Employment.
- Water and Land Management.
- Vocational Education in Rural/ Urban Areas.
- Evaluation of Watershed Development Projects.
- Rural Environment Sanitation and Informal Education.
- Remote sensing, GIS and Digital cartography.
EXPERIENCE IN PROMOTING PUBLIC AWARENESS & PARTICIPATION
The water conservation and Harvesting Project was started in Rajnauta Vilage (near Kotputli, District Jaipur) in the year 1998. The project is still continuing with the financial support of DRDA. Initially, the people of the village were made aware of the necessity of water conservation ,with the help of demonstration charts and slides. This was followed by construction of anicuts, cheek dams and water harvesting structures to procure and preserve rainwater in which the Sarpanch, villagers, women and children provided active participation. The area was gradually planted with trees, bushes and grases, which survived to the maximu,.Today it is a lush green area without any scarcity of water, with both economy and ecology flourishing.
A second project in Integrated Water and Sanitaiton Programme in rural areas in being now executed in the Newai villages (Tonk District) where Marudhara Academy was established its own office. This programme of rural development is being done with the financial support of UNICEF. Its main objective is to make people aware of their local and community sanitation and thereby to construct low cost toilets in their houses, as also to ensure the safe disposal of domestic waste and hcildren’s excreta. This programme takes into account to educate the women and children for cleanliness to make their surroundings clean to make them free of contagious water-borne and air-borne diseases.
EXPERIENCE IN COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION AND DEVELOPMENT
The Water Harvesting and Conservation Project at Rajnauta Village is being implemented with peoples participation. For this purpose 132 ‘Users Groups’ have been formed for various activities like water usage, sanitation around the water bodies and hand pumps, use of water for agriculture irrigation, horticulture activities and empowerment of women in water usage. Each group maintains a register of its periodical meetings and revenue collected by use of water and expenditures incurred.
The Integrated Water and Sanitation Programme at Newai has 132 Water User Groups and 35 Self Help Groups of Women. The Water User Groups consisting of 10 local persons in each group keeps an account of the water and Sanitation revenues and expenditures and also a record of their meetings in which their problems and solutions are discussed. The 35 Self Help Groups of women is mainly to provide financial assistance to its members. Every women deposits Rs.25/- every month in Bank and becomes participatory member to take loan up to Rs.25,000/- when she needs.
EXPERIENCE IN TRAINING & CAPACITY BUILDING,ESPECIALLY AT THE COMMUNITY-LEVEL
Marudhara Academy has been training youths of both urban and rural sectors for sel employment for the last 15 years. Currently the youths are trained under Pradhan Mantri Swarozgar Yojna and about 40 batches are trained per year. The Academy has successfully trained nearly five thousand youths who have gained useful self employment in opening their own shops, cottage industries, electricians, technicians and accounts jobs.
EXPERIENCE IN INCOME GENERATION & MICRO-CREDIT ACTIVITIES
Marudhara Academy has been a successful catalyser in micro-credit activities which find their way through Self Help Groups and Common Interest groups in the IWES and DPIP Project at Newai. These groups of Women collect Rs.25/- per person and deposit
the amount in the Bank. Based upon the terms and conditions of NABARD, the rural banks of the area give loans to there self-help groups for their economic activities like the cottage industry of purchase of machinery etc to make these women self sufficient.
EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
- Marudhara Academy is associated with various departments of Govt. of India, Govt.of Rajasthan and UNICEF, Academy is also a Nodal Agency in following Departments.
- State Level agency for I.E.C. (Water & Sanitation) Project sponsored by Rajiv Gandhi Drinking Water Mission, New Delhi through Gramin & Panchyati Raj Department, Government of Rajasthan.
- State Level consulting Agency for Watershed Development Programme by S.S.O.Government of Rajasthan.
- State level agency for Rural Sanitation Programme sponsored by UNICEF and Rura Development and Panchayati Raj Department Government of Rajasthan.
- District Level consulting agency in National Watershed Programme, District Watershed and Soil Conservation Department.
- District level Consulting Agency for Swajaldhara & TSC projects, Zila parisad, Jaipur.
- District Level consulting agency for scouts department, District Jaipur.